News and Announcements
Parents of the Association, I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the JDF Lacrosse Association to raise a serious concern of not only JDF Lacrosse, but of Vancouver Island Minor Lacrosse as well. We have had a few incidents of parent behaviour from a few members of our Association as well as from other Associations that are unacceptable. Although these incidents do not reflect on how the majority of our parents behave, the few incidents that have occurred, do reflect badly on our Association, and the game of lacrosse. Given that we have had a few incidents, I would like to remind parents of the following:
• This is only a game. It is meant be fun and developmental, and it is for the kids.
• The coaches, assistant coaches, managers and executives of the Association are all volunteers.
• The referees are often young developing kids, and it is not easy recruiting kids to become referees. Yes, they do get paid to referee, but please respect the job they are trying to do.
• Encourage the kids on the floor, but refrain from making negative comments to kids playing, referee’s reffing, or coaches coaching. If you have a concern, send it to the executive, head referee, or head coach of the Association to deal with.
• Harassment and bullying will not be tolerated. It is not acceptable at work or home, and is certainly not acceptable in the lacrosse arena.
• Be reminded that Parents of players have signed Parent Contracts, agreeing to abide by these rules. A copy of that Contract is attached.
For the majority of the parents who abide by the rules, I want to thank you for your continued support and for setting the right example for the kids and the game of lacrosse. We, as parents, are their role models. Model the behavior you expect from them. For parents who don’t abide by the rules, please be warned that the executive and Association has zero tolerance for this, and we will take necessary action to try and prevent this from occurring in the future.
JDF Lacrosse Association
Gold Medal winners at the Bellie Bowl!
Way to go team and coaches!
Congratulations to all players and coaching staff!
Congratulations to Liam Phillips, Brandon McClintick and Ryan Atkinson who were successful this weekend in Langley!
The team is off to Whitby Ontario in August to compete!
Best of Luck to Team BC!